Dr. Leis joined Bienville Orthopaedic Specialists, LLC in 2008 and specializes in shoulder, elbow, and hand surgery as well as general orthopaedics. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He attended medical school at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, and completed his orthopaedic residency at Wilford Hall Medical Center at Lackland AFB in Texas. After his residency, Dr. Leis completed a one-year hand surgery fellowship at the San Antonio Hand Center in San Antonio, Texas.
Dr. Leis’s leading interest is in shoulder surgery, arthroscopic shoulder surgery and shoulder arthroplasty. In addition he performs several minimally invasive procedures, including endoscopic carpal tunnel release, endoscopic cubital tunnel release and all-inside arthroscopic rotator cuff reconstruction, all-inside arthroscopic ACL reconstruction, Arthroscopic OATS procedure for traumatic sports injury to the knee, robotic assisted MAKO plasty for unicompartmental knee replacements and STEM cell injections. Dr. Leis is always looking for new and exciting technology that provides patients with the most cutting edge surgical techniques to help them achieve the best functional outcomes.
- Fellowship: (Hand Surgery) The San Antonio Hand Center, San Antonio, TX
- Residency: Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland AFB, TX
- Internship: David Grant Medical Center, Travis AFB, CA
- Medical School: Uniformed Services University of the Health Services, Bethesda, MD
*Information provided by AAOS.
- General Orthopaedics
- Hand Surgery
- Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Shoulder Surgery
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
- Shoulder Arthroplasty
- Sports Medicine
- Merit Health – Biloxi, MS
- Garden Park Hospital – Gulfport, MS
- Ocean Springs Hospital – Ocean Springs, MS
- Memorial Hospital – Gulfport, MS
- Cedar Lake Surgery Center – Biloxi, MS
- Gulf South Surgery Center, LLC – Gulfport, MS
- Gulf Coast Outpatient Surgery Center – Biloxi, MS